Paul Butterfield has developed and published Java applications since
Around 2010, inspired by Mojang he began to try his hand at Java game
Recent games have been built using libGDX.
Ballpoint Tank is an Android game
Conceived and published in less than two weeks.
Paul used the tried and tested method to conjure a game idea:
- doodle in a note pad whilst slurping a beverage at a coffee
All graphical assets were drawn using GIMP.
Linux Multimedia Studio was used to knock up something that
might pass as music.
Sound effects were created by tapping various things with pencils
and screw drivers and recording them with a mob. Finally a bit of
editing with Audacity.
All development is via a Ubuntu desktop, using both Netbeans and
- Five controls: left, right, up, down and shoot.
- Move from map to map by driving off of the edge of the screen.
- Three power-ups: speed, rapid fire and stealth.
- Destroy turrets and buildings to accumulate points.
- When the player has enough points a boss will reveal itself.
- To complete the game kill 10 bosses.
- Values are saved between game sessions.
Telephone :: +44 0752 610 4565
Google Hangouts :: email@example.com